Regarding the right opinion, Dan Bongino is one of the most well-known names. But it looks like his time at Fox News is over. The network announced that the famous weekend show would no longer work for them.
Even though Bongino has many fans and his political views are well-known, his choice to leave Fox News was made without big controversy or conspiracy. So far, here’s what we know about this surprising turn of events.
Who is Leaving Fox News?
After the Fox Corp.-backed station and one of its most conservative hosts, Dan Bongino, could not agree on a new contract, Bongino decided to leave the network. Last week was my last program on Fox News on the Fox News Channel,” Bongino revealed on his podcast on Thursday (20 April). It isn’t easy. It’s hard to put it that way.
Ten years of doing hits and working on the program made its cancellation a bitter pill to swallow. And I want you to understand that this is not some vast plot. I swear to you. There is no bitterness. This was not a fight from the WWE. Unfortunately, we were unable to agree on a renewal.
Having joined Fox News in 2019, Bongino’s “Unfiltered With Dan Bongino” premiered on Saturday nights in 2021.
Forbes first reported on his departure days after Fox Corp. settled a defamation lawsuit with Dominion Voting Systems for $787.5 million. The company had been accused of spreading false rumors about the role of the ballot technology company in the upcoming 2020 presidential election.
Bongino was not a key figure in the trial and was not scheduled to testify, but he is known for amplifying questionable controversies. For example, he has criticized policies that require people to get the coronavirus vaccine and has claimed that Democrats are plotting a coup during the 2020 presidential election.
“We thank Dan for his contributions and wish him success in his future endeavors,” Fox News said. The network intends to air “Lawrence Jones Cross Country” in place of Bongino’s program Saturday night while filling 10 p.m. with an encore of the weekday 11 p.m. program “Gutfeld!” Fox News plans to unveil a new schedule in coming weeks.
Bongino described the exit as amicable. “I enjoyed myself there; you know they were good to me for ten years. They allowed me to do a show called ‘Unfiltered,’ did what we wanted to do over there, and covered the topics we wanted to cover. And it’s a sad day. It’s a sad day,” he said.
You may view coverage of additional issues below regarding excessive coverage.
- Everything to know about the MBC2030 live(Latest News)
- What is Videovor? – Videovor Alternatives(Latest NEWS)
- Complete manual to using Avple in 2022(Latest News)
“They did allow me to do one last show. I don’t want you to think they like, showed me the door, that’s on me, not on them. But I just thought it was best to go this way for now. As I said, it’s not acrimonious. I have a great team over there.”
When it comes to conservative media, Bongino is a go-to expert. His credentials are solid thanks to his time as a New York City police officer and a Secret Service agent.
He has also been a prominent radio personality, with one of his programs replacing Rush Limbaugh’s long-running program. The Fox Nation streaming service will no longer host Bongino’s one-hour radio show for Westwood One.
Keep up with theactivenews.com so that you know any further developments immediately upon their release.